According to "The Knot," $538 is the average price couples are spending on wedding invitations. Letterpress invitations are typically two to three times higher. Through the end of this year, Painted Tongue Studios is offering an incredible deal: two ways to have the quality and beauty of letterpress printing for $538. One way, they do the design and printing, and the other way, they teach you how to do the design and printing. Here are their two descriptions:
WE DO IT:
• We make you a 5x7" invitation, invitation envelope, 3.5x5" response card and response card envelope.
• You select an image theme and ink color from our catalog
• You select fonts that interest you from our extensive library
• Our staff combines these elements to show you three to five dynamic design drafts
• You provide feedback and we revise, creating clean, elegant final designs
• We letterpress them onto 100% cotton Cranes paper, with printing as crisp as a fresh apple, texture as luxurious as a professional massage for your fingertips!
• Allow 3-6 weeks for completion of your project
• $528 covers up to 125 sets. Add $100 per additional 50 sets
• Custom add-ons available. Contact us for pricing.
YOU DO IT:
• Sign up for our Wedding Invitation Workshop on Sundays from 12:30-3:30 pm
• Make up to six invitation components, in any dimensions or quantity you wish
• Design using up to two ink colors
• Use any imagery you desire (following copyright law, of course)
• Learn to make layouts for letterpress using our software and computers
• Select any paper you'd like for printing. Use our samples for pricing and information.
• $538 covers the class. Materials are an additional cost, and vary based on quantity, size, number of colors, and paper selection. Our instructor helps you plan for your budget.
• Allow 2-4 months for completion of your project
• You finish your invitations possessing a skill you can use again for programs, menus, thank you notes, birth announcements, business cards, and more. You can obtain future access to our equipment through our workshop and open print schedule.
The Lucky 538 Special is being offered now through December 2009. Call Kim at 510-593-4221, or send email to email@example.com to take advantage of this special. Consultation meetings welcome.
This is an amazing deal and works for both the DIY and not so DIY brides.